If you are interested in doing business in Canada, you may be eligible for a PR through the Canada business immigration visa. Canada offers countless opportunities to foreigners who are interested in doing business in Canada.
The main motive of the business immigration program is to encourage investment and employment in Canada by migrating individuals who are able to establish or invest in a business in Canada successfully.
3 Major Categories Of Business Visas In Canada
People with business/managerial experience and relatively high net-worth may be eligible to apply for a Canadian PR under the Canada business immigration program in any of the below categories:
1. Immigrant Investor Program: Canada considers foreign investors to be a significant contributor to the economy of Canada. This immigration stream enables both the investor and their family to get the permanent residence in Canada. Requirements of investors are as given below:
- Experienced in successfully operating, controlling and directing a business.
- Should have accumulated through his/her endeavors a net-worth near about $1,600,000
- Able to invest $800,000 for five years with the department of citizenship and immigration Canada that acts as an agent on behalf of provincial and territorial investment funds.
2. Entrepreneur Program Entrepreneurs are encouraged to apply for this immigration stream because they develop employment opportunities and contribute to the Canadian economy. Successful applicants can not only open their business in Canada, but they can also get PR in the country. To apply for this program, the applicant should:
- Purchase, establish or make a substantial investment in a business in Canada within two years after landing in Canada that will lead to a notable contribution to the economy.
- Connect in active and ongoing participation in the business management.
Employ at least one Canadian citizen or PR other than the entrepreneur and his/her dependents.
3. Self-Employed Persons Program This stream is for two kinds of self-employed persons:
- Those who will either begin or purchase a business in Canada that will make a valued contribution to the economy, cultural or artistic life of Canada.
- Those who have experience in farm management and will be able to buy and manage a farm in Canada.
Thus, obtaining Canadian immigration under the business class has its advantages. As a business immigrant, your PR in Canada will not meet any harsh terms and conditions.
So, if you have made up your mind to immigrate to Canada via business visa, we are here for you. At OVAK Agency & Consulting Services, we provide the right guidance and assistance for business visa needs.